The mayor has won a second term!
The election was hotly contested until the very end, with Plante overcoming rival Denis Coderre and political newcomer Balarama Holness.
Élections Montréal has not declared a winner as of the time of writing. But Plante was leading Coderre with 51.77% of the vote as of 9:33 p.m.
Quebec Premier François Legault congratulated Plante on Twitter, saying he'd continue to work with her "on the issues that affect the metropolis."
Je tiens \u00e0 f\u00e9liciter @Val_Plante pour sa victoire de ce soir et son \u00e9lection \u00e0 titre de mairesse de Montr\u00e9al. Nous allons continuer de collaborer\u00a0sur les enjeux qui touchent la m\u00e9tropole.— Fran\u00e7ois Legault (@Fran\u00e7ois Legault) 1636338012
In her victory speech, Mayor Plante expressed pride that Montrealers had once again elected a woman to lead the city and said this election proved that the rise of Projet Montréal in 2017 wasn't a fluke.
"You have given us the privilege and honour to be your administration once again," Plante said during a portion of her speech in English.
"You can count on us to be there, to listen, to represent all of you."
"That's my message to you all tonight."
- Montreal Election Polls Are Closed & Plante's Early Lead Over ... ›
- Coderre Is Beating Mayor Plante In A Montreal Election Poll - MTL ... ›
- The City Of Montreal's Election Period Starts Friday — What You ... ›
- Valérie Plante's Husband Left A Tag On His Election Night Blazer & It's Too Relatable - MTL Blog ›
- Valérie Plante's Major Promises For Montreal Now That She Won Re-Election - MTL Blog ›