Quebec Tennis Star Leylah Fernandez Had The Most Touching Message For New Yorkers On 9/11
She used her post-match interview at New York's Arthur Ashe Stadium to share the heartfelt words.
Following a massive standing ovation from the crowd at New York's Arthur Ashe Stadium, Fernandez took time to acknowledge the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks.
New York strong ❤️ @leylahfernandez | #USOpen https://t.co/zaxR0igpxI— US Open Tennis (@US Open Tennis) 1631399490.0
"I know on this day it was especially hard for New York and everyone around the United States. I just want to say that I hope I can be as strong and as resilient as New York has been the past 20 years," Fernandez said.
She teared up as the crowd broke out in applause.
This was the 19-year-old's first Grand Slam final. According to Tennis Canada, Fernandez is only the second Canadian in the current era of professional tennis to make it to compete in a U.S. Open final.
- Here's How To Watch Leylah Fernandez In The US Open Final If ... ›
- Leylah Fernandez Was Asked What Motivates Her & Here's What ... ›
- Tennis Queen Leylah Fernandez Shared Her Secret To Success ... ›
- Quebec Tennis Stars Leylah & Félix Were At The MET Gala & Looked Absolutely Stunning - MTL Blog ›
- Here's How Much Money Leylah Fernandez & Félix Auger-Aliassime Won At The U.S. Open - MTL Blog ›