Montrealer Leylah Fernandez revealed what's helped pave her way to success.
Many tend to wonder how some athletes become so successful, and 19-year-old Leylah Fernandez from Montreal, who's about to play in the semi-finals at the U.S. Open this year, revealed her secret to the world.
During an on-court interview at the U.S. Open, Fernandez was asked what it is about the Canadian diet that accounts for so much success, to which she replied, "I would say it's the maple syrup."
The secret to all the 🇨🇦 tennis success? Maple. Syrup. 🤣 @leylahfernandez | #USOpen https://t.co/Dgab5En4Cz— US Open Tennis (@US Open Tennis) 1631052105.0
"The Canadian maple syrup are very good," she added.
Fernandez isn't the only Canadian athlete who has a deep love for maple syrup. Quebec cyclist Hugo Houle brought a little piece of Canada in his suitcase when he went to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics: a can of maple syrup.
You can catch Fernandez in the semi-finals of the U.S. Open on Thursday, September 9.
- Athlete Brought Maple Syrup To Olympics & It's The Most Quebecois ... ›
- Montrealer Leylah Fernandez Has Made It To The U.S. Open Final & Her Reaction Is Priceless - MTL Blog ›
- Here's How To Watch Leylah Fernandez In The US Open Final If You're Tuning In From Quebec - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec Tennis Star Leylah Fernandez Had The Most Touching Message For New Yorkers On 9/11 - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec Tennis Stars Leylah & Félix Were At The MET Gala & Looked Absolutely Stunning - MTL Blog ›
- Here's How Much Money Leylah Fernandez & Félix Auger-Aliassime Won At The U.S. Open - MTL Blog ›
- The U.S. Has Fort Knox, Canada Has A Giant Maple Syrup Reserve & We Got A Look Inside - MTL Blog ›
- Montrealer Bennedict Mathurin Was Drafted Into The NBA & Wore Family Pictures On Stage - MTL Blog ›