The 5-year-old girl was found "safe and sound."
During the early morning on Sunday, August 15, around 1 a.m., an Amber Alert in Quebec had locals' phones buzzing.
Thankfully, five hours later., the Sûreté du Québec confirmed that the young girl had "been found safe and sound."
Fin de l’#AlerteAMBER : l’enfant a été retrouvée saine et sauve. Nous vous remercions de votre collaboration. The… https://t.co/E3UhfwS1yk— Sûreté du Québec (@Sûreté du Québec) 1629023703.0
In the message that was sent out in the Amber Alert, we were told that a 5-year-old girl had been taken by a 36-year-old man in the Val D'Or region on August 14.
CBC reported that "around 6:15, Sûreté du Québec officers from the Val-d'Or detachment found the girl, and the man suspected of abducting her, in a vehicle matching the description of the one sent out in the Amber Alert," according to Sergeant Jean-Raphaël Drolet.
"The suspect is being questioned by the SQ and the child was brought to a local hospital for an evaluation," Drolet told CBC.
This article's cover photo was used for illustrative purposes only.
- The Amber Alert Issued For 2 Missing Girls In Quebec Was Just ... ›
- Quebec's Amber Alert Has Been Cancelled & The Baby Is 'Safe ... ›
- Montreal's Amber Alert Incident On July 27 Resulted In 13 Charges ... ›
- A Quebec Amber Alert Was Just Issued For An Abducted 3-Year-Old And 1-Year-Old - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec's Amber Alert Has Been Cancelled & The Missing Children Are Safe - MTL Blog ›