An investigation is in progress.
A service firearm seems to have disappeared from one of the Quebec police stations on Saturday, January 15, and since then, a major investigation has been underway to try to shed light on this incident, which remains unsolved as of the time of publication.
Regarding the nature of the weapon's disappearance, Sergeant Catherine Bouchard of the Sûreté du Québec said police cannot currently "confirm a theft," but that they are "not ruling out any hypothesis" regarding the absence of service weapon from one of their police stations.
We're told that the exact police station involved cannot be mentioned for security reasons.
According to Bouchard, the Sûreté du Québec have been checking for the missing weapon since the night of January 15, but to no avail. The investigation was still ongoing this Sunday morning.
"A crime scene technician was dispatched to the scene, accompanied by the major crimes unit, to investigate the event," continued the sergeant.
At the time of writing this article, very little detail was able to be provided surrounding the situation, which makes it unclear if there are any signs of offences being committed.
"We have already deployed our specialized resources, such as forensic identification, to have the scene analyzed, but this information remains confidential at this time for the sake of the investigation," concluded Bouchard.
This article’s cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- A Recent Shooting In Front Of A Montreal Restaurant Left 2 Injured ... ›
- A 20-Year-Old Man Has Died Following Gunfire In Montreal - MTL ... ›
- A 22-Year-Old Man Was Shot To Death In Montreal - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec Police Seized $115,000, Around 30 Weapons & A Heck Of A Lot Of Drugs This Past Week ›
- 2 Of The 25 Most Wanted Fugitives In Canada Are From Quebec - MTL Blog ›
- A Quebec Police Officer's Motorcycle Was Hit While Trying To Stop A Driver In Montreal - MTL Blog ›