COVID-19 Vaccines Will Be Mandatory For Quebec Health Care Workers
But not for teachers and public servants.
With the fourth wave of COVID-19 upon us, Quebec Premier François Legault said "even if it's summer, the situation is worrying and we have to take measures." One of those measures is requiring health care workers to be vaccinated.
"Public health also recommends making the vaccination mandatory for health workers who are in contact with patients. We'll follow this recommendation," Legault said in a press conference on August 17.
Les cas de COVID-19 augmentent et on doit se concentrer sur la quatrième vague. 🎥On fait le point en direct👇 https://t.co/DSS8C6HIcV— François Legault (@François Legault) 1629226470.0
Legault said 90% of the province's health care workers are already vaccinated, but "the remaining 10% are at real risk."
"According to public health, a nurse, a caregiver, can, despite the equipment, transmit the virus to a patient who is vulnerable," he said.
As for teachers and other public servants, Legault said the government does not intend "for the moment" to make COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory.
Quebec reported 323 new COVID-19 cases on August 16.
The Institut Nationale De Santé Publique Du Québec expects the province's cases and hospitalizations to increase in the coming weeks, Legault said.
- Quebec's Vaccine Passport Ad Is Getting Tons Of ... - Montréal ›
- 47% Of Montrealers Think The COVID-19 Vaccine Should Be ... ›
- Quebec Nurses Say Systemic Racism Exists In Health Care - MTL ... ›
- Quebec Announced 4th Wave COVID-19 Measures - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec COVID-19 Cases Will Probably Rise In September According To Dubé - MTL Blog ›
- All These Quebec Health Workers Have To Be Vaccinated Or Risk Suspension Without Pay - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec Nurses Who Aren't Fully Vaccinated Will Get Their Right To Practice Suspended - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec's Mandatory Vaccination Deadline For Health Workers Has Been Postponed - MTL Blog ›
- Most Quebecers Support Firing Health Care Workers Over Refusal To Get Vaccinated - MTL Blog ›
- Most Quebecers Say We Should Fire Health Care Workers & Teachers Who Won't Get Vaccinated - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec Paramedics Are Blocking SAQ Warehouses To Protest Their Very Expired Contract - MTL Blog ›