Police are investigating.
The Service de Police de la Ville de Montréal (SPVM) is investigating after a 23-year-old man was found stabbed in a Ville-Marie alley near Atwater station, marking Montreal's 27th homicide of the year.
At around 8 p.m. on Friday night, a passerby called police upon noticing the man unconscious on avenue Hope near boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest, said SPVM spokesperson Raphaël Bergeron.
Bergeron said the victim was suffering from "sharp object injuries of the upper body," and referred to the incident as "assault with a weapon."
The victim was rushed to the hospital in critical condition but was pronounced dead shortly after arriving, he said.
"The major crimes unit is working on the case right now trying to gather all the information and get a better picture of what exactly happened. So this is where we are so far," Bergeron said.
This is a developing story. Check back for more details.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- How Montreal's Homicide Rate Compares To The Past 4 Years ... ›
- Montreal Police Arrested A Suspect In The Fatal Stabbing Of A 16 ... ›
- A 24-Year-Old Montreal Woman Was Stabbed In Broad Daylight ... ›
- Three Men In Their 20s Were Stabbed In Downtown Montreal Last Night - MTL Blog ›
- A Stabbing In Montreal On Sunday Night Sent A 16-Year-Old To The Hospital - MTL Blog ›
- A 26-Year-Old Stabbed 4 People In Downtown Montreal Overnight, Killing 1 - MTL Blog ›
- 4 People Were Stabbed Overnight In Downtown Montreal, 1 Was Killed - MTL Blog ›
- A Downtown Montreal Stabbing Left 1 Dead And 3 Injured - MTL Blog ›