Downtown Montreal Now Has A Giant Technicolour Hotel & It's Entrancing (PHOTOS)
The artist showed her followers how it was painted.
Montreal's yearly MURAL Festival is coming up, running from August 12 through August 22 — and one of two pre-approved murals in Montreal has already been completed at the newly rainbow-huedHôtel Le Germain.
Montrealers passing through Rue Mansfield in the downtown core have taken snapshots of Hôtel Le Germain's multicoloured "heart of hope," painted by Canadian artist Michelle Hoogveld.
On Instagram, Hoogveld gave her followers an inside look at how the mural was painted onto the facade of the 14-storey building in Montreal.
According to the City of Montreal, the artist's "heart of hope" — selected by a jury of experts in May — aimed to inspire a return to normal life for Montreal hotels hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In May, the City of Montreal announced it had pre-approved another mural by Vancouver-based artist Drew Young that will be unveiled as part of the 2021 edition of Montreal's MURAL Festival.
Young's purple iris, a native plant and floral emblem of Quebec, is set to be painted on the side of the Hôtel Méridien on Rue Sherbrooke O.
- 2 Enormous New Montreal Murals Will Be Added This Summer ... ›
- MURAL Festival Will Officially Be Returning In Person This Summer ... ›
- Montreal's MURAL Festival 2021 Lineup Just Dropped - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's Ritz-Carlton Was Ranked The 'Best City Hotel' In Canada By Travel & Leisure - MTL Blog ›
- This Montreal Hotel Won The Title Of Canada's 'Cheapest Five-Star Hotel' - MTL Blog ›