The artist showed her followers how it was painted.
Montreal's yearly MURAL Festival is coming up, running from August 12 through August 22 — and one of two pre-approved murals in Montreal has already been completed at the newly rainbow-huedHôtel Le Germain.
On Instagram, Hoogveld gave her followers an inside look at how the mural was painted onto the facade of the 14-storey building in Montreal.
According to the City of Montreal, the artist's "heart of hope" — selected by a jury of experts in May — aimed to inspire a return to normal life for Montreal hotels hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Young's purple iris, a native plant and floral emblem of Quebec, is set to be painted on the side of the Hôtel Méridien on Rue Sherbrooke O.
- 2 Enormous New Montreal Murals Will Be Added This Summer ... ›
- MURAL Festival Will Officially Be Returning In Person This Summer ... ›
- Montreal's MURAL Festival 2021 Lineup Just Dropped - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's Ritz-Carlton Was Ranked The 'Best City Hotel' In Canada By Travel & Leisure - MTL Blog ›
- This Montreal Hotel Won The Title Of Canada's 'Cheapest Five-Star Hotel' - MTL Blog ›