The Quebec Weather Forecast Predicts Another Storm This Week And Driving May Be Difficult
The government warned Quebecers to "consider modifying any non-essential travel plans."
Brace yourselves, another winter storm is coming our way this week, starting Tuesday evening and going into Wednesday.
"A major low pressure system is expected to affect Southern and Central Quebec beginning Tuesday evening. Several areas of Southern and Central Quebec will be affected by a period of freezing rain before precipitation changes to rain. The exact track of the low pressure system remains uncertain which could influence the type of precipitation," Environment Canada wrote.
Basically, the storm is expected to create periods of freezing rain, which will later turn into normal rain, which can make roads extremely slippery and dangerous, making traffic a bit of a nightmare.
For this reason, the government warned Quebecers to "consider modifying any non-essential travel plans." So if you have the option to work from home on Tuesday and Wednesday, it may be in your best interest.
The areas expected to be affected by this storm are:
- Abitibi - Témiscamingue
- Amqui - vallée de la Matapédia
- Drummondville - Bois-Francs
- Haute-Gatineau - Lièvre - Papineau
- Kamouraska - Rivière-du-Loup - Trois-Pistoles
- La Tuque
- Les Escoumins - Forestville
- Montmagny - L'Islet
- Montréal métropolitain - Laval
- New Carlisle - Chandler
- Parc du Mont-Tremblant - Saint-Michel-des-Saints
- Parc national de Forillon - Gaspé - Percé
- Parc national de la Gaspésie - Murdochville
- Parent - réservoir Gouin
- Réserve faunique des Laurentides
- Réserve faunique La Vérendrye
- Restigouche - Bonaventure
- Rimouski - Mont-Joli
- Rivière Manicouagan
- Saint-Anne-des-Monts- Grande-Vallée
- Sept-Îles - Port-Cartier
- Vallée du Richelieu - Saint-Hyacinthe
- Vaudreuil - Soulanges - Huntingdon
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Quebec Winter 2021-2022 Weather Is Expected To Be Full Of ... ›
- A Storm In Quebec Is Approaching And Up To 10 mm Of Freezing ... ›
- A 'Significant' Winter Storm Is On Its Way To Quebec & Could Unload ... ›
- Montreal Weather Is Going To Be A Meteorological Rollercoaster This Week - MTL Blog ›
- The Montreal Weather Forecast Is Predicting Some Hella Slippery Roads Today - MTL Blog ›
- The Quebec Weather Forecast Predicts Yet Another Snowstorm On Its Way - MTL Blog ›