Police forces across the province cracked down on distracted drivers in the last month, issuing thousands of tickets to Quebec drivers using electronic devices at the wheel. \nThe province-wide campaign, called "L’opération nationale concertée (ONC) Distraction 2020," was a collaboration between provincial police forces and the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ). The crackdown took place between September 19 and September 24.\nA spokesperson from the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) told MTL Blog that police set-up over 3,000 checkpoints across the province.\nEditor's Choice: Here Are The Rules On Travel In Quebec If You Live In A Red Zone\n\n\n3,100\n\n\nTICKETS ISSUED TO DISTRACTED DRIVERS ACROSS QUEBEC\n\n\n\nThroughout the week of the operation, police gave out 3,100 tickets of varying infractions to distracted drivers, said the SQ spokesperson.\nL’ensemble des services de police du Québec, en collaboration avec l’Association des directeurs de police du Qc, la @SAAQ et Contrôle routier Qc, tiendront plusieurs interventions partout en province du 18 au 24 sept. dans le cadre de l’opération nationale concertée Distraction. pic.twitter.com/rHB4RnohyR— Sûreté du Québec (@sureteduquebec) September 17, 2020\n\nThe SPVM told MTL Blog they could not confirm how many tickets were issued in the greater Montreal area.\nThe joint operation was accompanied by a media campaign warning distracted drivers of the dangers of using their phones at the wheel and the potential infractions that could be issued as a result.\n\n \n \n \n \n \n Societé d'Assurance d'Automobile du Québec\n \n \n \nA motorist can be fined $300 to $600 for a first offence of using an electronic device at the wheel. A repeat offence within a two-year period results in a guaranteed $600 fine.