A Massive Protest In Montreal Took Place On Saturday Because Of These 7 Demands (VIDEOS)
Over 7.8k people responded to the Facebook event for the protest.
Protesters met at Place Émilie Gamelin and walked through the city's streets on a 4.6 km route. The protest was labelled a "Pacific Resistance March," translated from French.
To give you an idea of just how many people showed up, here's an aerial view of Saturday's protest.
Vidéo vu aérienne de la manifestation du 11 septembre à Montréal https://t.co/q4bCt2maEg— Marina (XVI) (@Marina (XVI)) 1631403637.0
In this time-lapse of the protest, you can see a number of blue signs, including many Quebec flags and others that say "Trump 2020" on them.
On the Facebook event called "Marche de la Résistance Pacifique," the organizer gave a detailed list of why their demands, which are:
- "The end of the state of health emergency,
- Repeal of the public health law http://legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/showdoc/cs/S-2.2-,
- An immediate end to all measures- Vaccine freedom (free choice),
- The abandonment of the pass / QR code- Final end to media propaganda,
- Live public debates,
- An independent inquiry into the management of the pandemic, [and]
- Access to the scientific studies on which the government bases its decisions."
Massive protest in Montreal, Quebec, Canada against the current domestic vaccine pass today. https://t.co/ZkSaFhIiQA— Marie Oakes (@Marie Oakes) 1631393530.0
Véronique Comtois, a spokesperson for the SPVM, told MTL Blog that there were no fines handed out during the protest and no arrests made as of Sunday at 12 p.m. But, two incidents that occurred at Saturday's protest remain "under investigation" — one act of mischief and another involving a fire in a chemical toilet.
🇨🇦 Canada - Montréal [September 11, 2021] Protest in Montréal today, against the vaccine passports and mandates.… https://t.co/pyRYmfeWaB— 🍌 BMedia 🇳🇱 (@🍌 BMedia 🇳🇱) 1631384393.0
Comtois was unable to provide the number of protesters that showed up, but 7.8k people responded to the Facebook event.
Massive protest in Montreal, Quebec, Canada against the current domestic vaccine pass earlier today. https://t.co/Bmxy4Ojdhv— Marie Oakes (@Marie Oakes) 1631393580.0
- Massive Protest Against Vaccine Passport Planned In Montreal ... ›
- Huge Protests Against Quebec Health Measures Are Happening ... ›
- A Huge Protest In Montreal Took Place Against The Vaccine ... ›
- A Huge Protest For 'Rights And Freedoms' Is Happening In Montreal Right Now (VIDEOS) - MTL Blog ›
- The $10M+ Freedom Convoy GoFundMe Has Been Removed & All Donations Will Be Refunded - MTL Blog ›