Leaving behind approximately $5,000 in damages...
The window of a ticket box inside a Montreal metro station took a hard hit on Friday, October 8 when an individual decided to attack it with a hammer-like object.
SPVM spokesperson Jean-Pierre Brabant explained that "a man presented himself without saying anything to the employee from the STM started to hit the window with what looked like a hammer. From there — when he was finished — he left by foot," leaving behind approximately $5,000 in damages.
The STM employee told the Montreal police that they had no altercations with the man and were not harmed during the incident.
Brabant said the SPVM is still trying to figure out why this event occurred and told MTL Blog that investigators have yet to identify the suspect but are using the footage from surveillance cameras in the metro to try and do so.
- Montreal's Côte-Vertu Metro Station Is Closing For 3 Months - MTL ... ›
- This Map Shows Montreal's Median Condo Price Around Every ... ›
- Montreal's Public Transit Network Is Changing Its Pricing In 2021 ... ›
- Montreal Is Healing — Metro Musicians Are Coming Back To Serenade You On Your Commute - MTL Blog ›
- A Violent Intervention At Jean-Talon Metro Was 'Justified,' According To A New Report - MTL Blog ›