It's twice the size of NYC's Rockefeller Center rink!
Have you been looking for a reason to get off your couch? Here's one!
Downtown Montreal's massive new skating rink just opened and it's totally free.
Sounds like a pretty good reason to venture to the cold outdoors, right? This new Montreal skating rink can be found at the Esplanade Tranquille in Quartier des Spectacles and it's twice the size of the Rockefeller Center rink in New York City.
The City of Montreal told MTL Blog that "the skating surface of the Esplanade Tranquille rink is 1,500 square meters, 90 meters long and 22 meters wide."
From February 28 to March 5, the rink is open in the evening until 11 p.m. And during Montreal's Nuit Blanche, on Saturday, February 26, it's open until 1 a.m.
Once the night falls, the rink lights up into all different colours.
This new winter destination in the city will be located at the intersection of rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest and rue Clark.
No need to stress if you don't have skates, you can rent them for just under $11.
Esplanade Tranquille Skating Rink
Cost: Free admission - $10.87 skate rental
Where: Corner of rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest and rue Clark
- February 22 and 23: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- February 24: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- February 25: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- February 26: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. (Nuit Blanche)
- February 27: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- February 28 and March 1: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- March 2 to 5: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- March 6: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- March 7: closed
- March 8 and 9: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Starting March 10:
- Sunday to Thursday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
In Quebec, a vaccine passport is required to access many businesses and activities deemed non-essential, including restaurants and bars.
- A New Montreal Skating Rink Opens This Month & It's Twice The ... ›
- Montreal's New Esplanade Tranquille Skating Rink Will Feel Like ... ›
- 6 Hidden Gem Skating Rinks In Montreal Within 15 Minutes Of A ... ›
- I Went To The New City Gas Intangible Forms Exhibit & It Totally Lit Up My Life - MTL Blog ›
- 9 Exciting Free Things To Do In Montreal This March - MTL Blog ›