The Habs Could Get 11 New Players & There Are Already Predictions For Tonight's Pick
The NHL draft airs at 8 p.m.
The Montreal Canadiens administration has been busy. In the span of a few days, it has had to pick players to protect from the Seattle Kraken expansion draft and take stock of all the team's long-term injuries. Now, the team must decide on 11 potential new players that could join them, as the NHL prepares for its 2021 draft on July 23.
With 11 possible picks in the upcoming NHL Draft, as well as the option to trade, the Habs have some big decisions to make about their future.
In the first round, the Habs have the 31st pick. While there are plenty of players to choose from, Sportsnet has predicted that the Habs will take Wyatt Johnston, a centre who plays junior hockey with the Windsor Spitfires.
TSN, meanwhile, believes that the Habs will go with Sasha Pastujov, a left-winger out of the U.S. National Team Development Program.
If you want to feel old, both of these players were born in 2003.
The first round of the NHL Draft airs at 8 p.m. EST on Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, and TVA Sports in French.
- The Montreal Canadiens Give Us Glimpses Into Their Homes On ... ›
- Montreal Canadiens Fans Alarmed Over Photo Of Andrei ... ›
- Kraken Have More Quebec Players Than The Montreal Canadiens ... ›
- All New Habs Players Were Born In The 2000s & We Feel Old - MTL Blog ›
- Molson Apologizes For Montreal Canadiens Drafting Mailloux - MTL Blog ›