Montreal kept Price, but lost a different player to the Kraken.
On July 21, Cale Fleury was picked up by the Seattle Kraken in the National Hockey League (NHL)'s 2021 Expansion Draft.
As the NHL's newest team, the Kraken had the opportunity to select a player from each existing NHL team, except the Vegas Golden Knights, who were exempt.
There was some talk of Carey Price being drafted by the Kraken when he waived his no-movement clause and wasn't placed on the Canadiens' protected list. But reports early in the day on Wednesday suggested the goaltender was not selected to join the Kraken, and those rumours proved to be true during the draft.
Cale Fleury, number 20, was drafted by the Habs in 2017. He played 41 games during the 2019-2020 season and scored one goal.
- Montreal Canadiens Fans Alarmed Over Photo Of Andrei ... ›
- The 15 Highest Paid Habs Player This Season & Their Salaries ... ›
- Kraken Have More Quebec Players Than The Montreal Canadiens - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal Canadiens Draft Controversial Logan Mailloux Despite Criminal Charges - MTL Blog ›
- Molson Apologizes For Montreal Canadiens Drafting Mailloux - MTL Blog ›