You Can Now Vote For The Announcement Voice On Montreal's REM & There Are 3 Options
Montreal's REM (Réseau express métropolitain) has opened a public vote to determine the voice of on-board announcements along the forthcoming 67-kilometre light-rail network.
The REM lists three options on its website, each offering an example of a station, metro connection, terminus and departure announcement, along with calls to clear the doors and move into train cars.
La voix du REM - Faites votre choix!www.youtube.com
Announcement voices are, of course, central to a transit system's brand identity and relationship to its customers.
In Montreal, the iconic voice of Michèle Deslauriers has defined the STM metro in the 21st century and become a characteristic of life in the city. Ask any metro rider and they'll be able to recite her messages and replicate her tone.
So well-known is Deslauriers' voice that the STM even featured her in a 2018 campaign to reduce customer-related service delays.
The REM will consist of three light-rail lines connecting the North and South Shores, downtown Montreal, West Island and Montreal-Trudeau airport.
The first segment, from Brossard to the Gare Centrale, is scheduled to begin service in 2022.
- Your First Look At Montreal's New REM Trains (PHOTOS) - MTL Blog ›
- The First REM Train Cars Are Officially Rolling On Tracks Outside ... ›
- REM In Downtown Montreal Shown In New Video - MTL Blog ›
- A Montreal Pond Dried Up As The REM Digs A Tunnel Nearby - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal Is Planning To Get Way More Electric With A Bold New Strategy - MTL Blog ›
- The STM Is Planning To Build More Reserved Bus Lanes In Montreal - MTL Blog ›
- Voters Have Chosen The REM's Announcer Voice & Apparently, It's Someone We All Know - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's REM Revealed The Person Behind Its Voice & It's The Metro Voice Lady's Daughter - MTL Blog ›