"Of course, we will be proactively crediting all customers."
Rogers has caused quite the stir today with the telecommunications and media company's nationwide network outage. Now, Rogers has made it clear they will, in fact, be issuing credits to all customers.
The company first flagged the service outage early in the morning on July 8, acknowledging issues regarding its network and assuring the public that they were doing everything they can to fix the issue.
"We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. We are aware of issues currently affecting our networks and our teams are fully engaged to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We will continue to keep you updated as we have more information to share," Rogers tweeted.
\u201cWe know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. We are aware of issues currently affecting our networks and our teams are fully engaged to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We will continue to keep you updated as we have more information to share.\u201d— Rogers News (@Rogers News) 1657284862
At around 4 p.m. on Friday, Rogers shared that they were "making progress" regarding their networks being down. "Our technical teams are working to restore our services alongside our global technology partners, and are making progress," Rogers wrote.
Now, the company is reassuring customers that in light of the ongoing service outage, credits will be given out.
"We acknowledge the impact our outage is having on your life. We have every technical resource and partner fully deployed to solve the problem. As soon as we know the specific time the Networks will be fully operational, we will share that with you. Right now, we are focused on the solution," Rogers tweeted.
The telecommunications conglomerate then issued a statement promising customers that they will be compensated.
"Some of our customers have raised the question of credits and of course, we will be proactively crediting all customers and will share more information soon," Rogers said.
A similar Rogers and Fido outage back in April 2021 resulted in customers also receiving credits — so it appears as if history is repeating itself.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Rogers Networks Are Down Across Canada — Phones, Internet ... ›
- The Last Massive Rogers & Fido Outage Resulted In A Credit For ... ›
- The Rogers Outage Is Impacting Passport Offices & Here's What You ... ›
- Rogers Wireless Services Restored Following Nationwide Outage & CEO Officially Apologizes - MTL Blog ›
- Here's How The Rogers Outage Really Messed Things Up For Montreal - MTL Blog ›
- Rogers Has Revealed The Cause Of Friday's Outage & The Company's CEO Has Apologised - MTL Blog ›
- Rogers Is Increasing The Credit To Customers Affected By The Mega Outage - MTL Blog ›