The federal government is recruiting in 19 cities across Canada!
Public Services and Procurement Canada is hiring buying specialists, roles that involve purchasing "everything from uniforms and boots to tanks and fighter jets for the military; from tablets and software to building large Enterprise Data Centers; from smart phones and communications towers to satellites," according to the job posting.
There are currently 40 positions to be filled, and the salary for the jobs ranges from $80,539 to $92,033.
The Canadian government is seeking to fill positions in the following cities: Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg, Moncton, Saint John, St. John's, Halifax, Kingston, Ottawa, Petawawa, Toronto, Charlottetown, Gatineau, Quebec, Saint-Hubert, Saskatoon, and of course, Montreal.
The position comes with many different duties, including developing procurement strategies for products and services, advising clients, awarding and managing contracts and preparing and maintaining procurement reports.
There are a few requirements in order to be hired including a secondary school diploma (or a combo of education, training and experience).
It is also essential to have experience in several activities, including the development of procurement strategies and plans, managing contracts, and conducting bid evaluations and negotiating.
The roles also require various language requirements (French, English or both), and operational requirements including the ability to work overtime and be available to travel within Canada and abroad.
The listing also states that "all employees of the core public administration are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act."
New career opportunity alert!\n\n@PSPC_SPAC is looking for procurement officers to purchase on behalf of the #GoC: from ships to smartphones and satellites, and everything in between. \n\nApply before July 13, 2022! \nhttp://ow.ly/Hffa50HKAGV\u00a0pic.twitter.com/BRflHseFaw— GC Jobs (@GC Jobs) 1644606076
Salary: $80,539 to $92,033 per year
Company: Public Services and Procurement Canada
Who Should Apply: Anyone with a completed secondary school diploma who has relevant or significant experience with procurement.
- Desjardins Is Hiring For Call Centres In Quebec & It Pays $22.46 ... ›
- The CRA Is Hiring In Quebec & The Jobs Pay Between $58,076 And ... ›
- Revenu Québec Is Hiring & The Jobs Pay Between $45,223 ... ›
- The Canada Revenue Agency Is Hiring Montreal Students & The Jobs Pay Up To $25/Hour - MTL Blog ›
- The CRA Is Hiring Montreal Students & The Jobs Pay Up To $25/Hour - MTL Blog ›
- The CRA Wants You To Beware Of Tax Schemes — Here Are Tips On How To Spot Them - MTL Blog ›
- Revenu Québec Is Hiring Students & The Jobs Pay Over Minimum Wage - MTL Blog ›
- CSIS Is Hiring For Various Positions Across Canada & You Could Earn Over $100,000 - MTL Blog ›