"We hope we can communicate the importance of putting your mental health first."
Price voluntarily entered the NHL's Player Assistance Program on Thursday.
"Part of the privilege of being in the position our family is in, is that we also get a public platform to show how there is and can be a path to light for anyone who is struggling," Price wrote.
"No matter what is on the line, we hope we can communicate the importance of putting your mental health first."
"Carey's showing up for himself and our family and making the absolute best decision possible for us."
- Carey Price Tried To Blame Himself For The Habs Losing (VIDEO ... ›
- Carey Price Moved To The Basement During The Playoffs - MTL Blog ›
- Well Wishes For Carey Price Are Pouring In By The Hundreds On The Canadiens' Social Media - MTL Blog ›
- Brendan Gallagher Said He Wishes He 'Could've Done A Little Bit More' For Carey Price - MTL Blog ›
- Jonathan Drouin Scored The First Habs Goal This Season & Everyone Was So Happy For Him - MTL Blog ›
- Carey Price Is Officially Coming Back To The Montreal Canadiens - MTL Blog ›
- Carey Price Says He's Been In 'A Very Dark Place' & Got Treatment For Substance Abuse - MTL Blog ›
- Carey Price Is Getting All The Love From Fans After He Bravely Shared His Struggles - MTL Blog ›