He voluntarily joined the NHL's Player Assistance Program.
Neither the NHL nor Price have explained why he has entered the program or how long he'll be away.
Habs General Manager Marc Bergevin will reportedly provide a statement later in the day.
The NHL and the NHL Players' Association have provided no further comment.
- Carey Price's Sister Married A Former Montreal Canadiens Player ... ›
- Carey Price Moved To The Basement During The Playoffs - MTL Blog ›
- Carey Price's Reaction To The Montreal Canadiens' Win Went Viral ... ›
- Well Wishes For Carey Price Are Pouring In By The Hundreds On The Canadiens' Social Media - MTL Blog ›
- Brendan Gallagher Said He Wishes He 'Could've Done A Little Bit More' For Carey Price - MTL Blog ›
- The Montreal Canadiens Played A Full-Capacity Game & It Looked Almost Normal (PHOTOS) - MTL Blog ›
- Jonathan Drouin Scored The First Habs Goal This Season & Everyone Was So Happy For Him - MTL Blog ›
- The Bell Centre Was Packed For The Habs' 1st Full-Capacity Home Game In 585 Days (VIDEOS) - MTL Blog ›
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi Is In Montreal & It Feels Like Seeing An Ex You're Still In Love With - MTL Blog ›
- Carey Price Is Officially Coming Back To The Montreal Canadiens - MTL Blog ›
- Carey Price Says He's Been In 'A Very Dark Place' & Got Treatment For Substance Abuse - MTL Blog ›
- Carey Price Is Getting All The Love From Fans After He Bravely Shared His Struggles - MTL Blog ›
- Carey Price Was Spotted Training With The Habs & It's The Best Early Christmas Gift Ever - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal Canadiens' Goalie Carey Price Returns To The Ice Tonight After A Yearlong Pause - MTL Blog ›