Grab a blanket, a few drinks and watch the planes come and go! 🛫
Everyone's got their favourite Montreal park — or parks — especially when summertime rolls around. But in how many of them can you sit back, relax and watch planes land and take off?
If you're looking for things to do in Montreal this weekend or any weekend, we've got you covered with a casual and fun trip over to Parc Jacques-de-Lesseps, which lets you take in the stellar sights right by Montreal International Airport in Dorval.
Accessing the park is no biggie: it can be reached by both car and public transportation.
Driving over won't take much time from the city centre and parking for the observatory park can be found right off of Côte De Liesse Expressway onto Halpern Avenue.
As for taking the STM, grab the 202 West bus from Du Collège metro station and get off at the Côte De Liesse/Halpern bus stop and walk on over.
The park isn't your average Montreal park. There aren't any playgrounds or exhibits to wander around and look at, but there are loads of green spaces giving you perfect views of the 06R and 24L runway as well as of the adjacent taxiways.
While planes are landing and taking off at all hours of the day, you can score some stunning sights during rush hour, which is when many larger fleets often take off and return.
Grab a blanket, a few snacks, and your favourite people for the ultimate plane spotting activity at Parc Jacques-de-Lesseps.
Parc Jacques-de-Lesseps Plane Spotting
Address: Parc Jacques-de-Lesseps right off of Côte De Liesse and Halpern in Dorval, QC
- Tickets To The Montreal Botanical Garden, Biodome & More Are 25 ... ›
- Montreal's Lachine Canal Is Getting A Pop-Up Bar With Brunch ... ›
- 8 Things To Do In Quebec That You Have To Add To Your Summer ... ›
- Canada Is Extending Travel Restrictions Even Longer - MTL Blog ›
- 11 Things To Do In Montreal This Weekend To Jump Into June - MTL Blog ›
- The Montreal Airport Has Been Ranked The Third Best In All Of Canada - MTL Blog ›