Everything You Need To Know About Quebec's Vaccine Lottery & The Prizes You Can Win
Here's who can participate, how and when.
The government is hoping to use a Quebec vaccination lottery to entice more residents to book appointments to get their COVID-19 vaccine doses.
Here's everything you need to know about who can participate, how and when.
Who can participate?
There will be two groups: one for adults and one for tweens and teens aged 12 to 17.
For people with at least one vaccine dose, there will be weekly draws for both age groups between August 1 to August 27, 2021.
A September 3 draw open to Quebecers with two vaccine doses will have bigger prizes for both adults and youth participants.
According to a July 16 press release, to be eligible for the lotteries participants must:
- "have received the vaccine in Quebec;"
- have had "a confirmed diagnosis of COVID 19 and received a dose of vaccine;"
- or "have received a vaccine recognized by Health Canada outside Quebec and have had the administration of this vaccine recognized"
"The first dose must be received by August 3 and the second dose by August 31," the Ministry of Health states.
When are the vaccination lottery draws?
Weekly draws will take place in August for people with at least one vaccine dose. They will be on Fridays: August 6, 13, 20 and 27.
Winners will be announced the Tuesday after each draw, according to the government website.
The final draw, open only to people with two doses, will take place on September 3. The announcement of the winner will follow later in the day.
Participants will need to register on a "Vaccine Proof Portal" by 11:59 p.m. the day before each of the weekly draws in August and by 11:59 p.m. August 31 for the September 3 draw. The ministry stipulates that for participants in the 12-17 age group, a parent or guardian must "register on the portal and consent to the minor's participation."
Registration will open on July 25. The government promises to announce more details and rules before then.
What's are the vaccination lottery prizes for Quebec adults?
Voici les détails du concours « Gagner à être vacciné! » annoncé par les ministres @cdube_sante et @EricGirardMFQ p… https://t.co/r3NAS8KpTB— François Legault (@François Legault) 1626452168.0
Weekly cash prizes of $150,000 are up for grabs for people with at least one dose between August 1 and 27.
A single million-dollar prize is on the line in the September 3 draw for adults with two vaccine doses.
What's are the vaccination lottery prizes for Quebec tweens and teens?
Quebec youth will be vying for scholarship money instead of cash prizes.
Two $10,000 scholarship prizes will be available in each of the four August draws for those with a first dose.
Double-dosed tweens and tweens will compete for 16 $20,000 scholarship prizes in the September 3 draw.
- Quebec 'Proof Of Vaccination' Can Now Be Downloaded Online ... ›
- Quebec Vaccine Lottery Has Over 1 Million Players - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec Vaccine Lottery Gets New Prizes - MTL Blog ›
- Here Are The People Who Have Won Quebec's Vaccination Lottery So Far - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec's Vaccine Lottery Has A Huge New Prize - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec's Vaccine Lottery Has A New $150,000 Winner - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec Vaccination Lottery Now Has iPhone 12s As Prizes - MTL Blog ›
- Here's Quebec's Vaccine Lottery Final Prize List - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec Just Relaxed COVID-19 Attendance Rules For These Venues & Events - MTL Blog ›