Lace up those skates! ⛸️
There's no better way to make a winter's day magical than by spending it at one of the outdoor Montreal skating rinks just gliding away.
While our city has a hefty list of rinks to explore, some may be a little rinky-dink — so here are a few of our favourites, and they're all free.
Address: 1, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, QC
Why You Need To Go: Parc Jean-Drapeau's winter program is action-packed with outdoor activities to do this winter, including gliding along its impressive new Skaters’ Trail.
Lac Aux Castors
Address: 2000, ch. Remembrance, Montreal, QC
Why You Need To Go: As you can see in the video above, Lac aux Castors' skating rink is absolutely magical, especially when it's lit up at night.
Address: 4365, rue Sherbrooke E., Montreal, QC
Why You Need To Go: This park provides a great view of the Olympic stadium as you glide along the ice.
Parc La Fontaine
Address: 3819, av. Calixa-Lavallée, Montreal, QC
Why You Need To Go: If you don't own your own skates, Parc La Fontaine has got you covered! For $10.87 plus taxes, you can rent a pair so that you can skate a lovely winter's day away.
Address: 530, av. Querbes, Montreal, QC
Why You Need To Go: This charming outdoor rink looks straight out of a Hallmark Christmas movie.
Address: 1115, av. Laurier E., Montreal, QC
Why You Need To Go: Skating at Parc Sir-Wilfrid-Laurier is sure to make any winter's day magical.
- Saint-Donat's Forest Skating Path Takes You Through A Winter ... ›
- Montreal's New Esplanade Tranquille Skating Rink Will Feel Like ... ›
- Montreal's Old Port Skating Rink Is Opening Soon & It's The Perfect ... ›
- This Montreal Restaurant Will Give You Free Coffee If You Get Off Your Ass & Go For A Walk - MTL Blog ›
- Montréal En Lumière Is On & Here Are All The Things You Can Do For Free - MTL Blog ›