Plus fried chicken! 🎶🍗
Smells of Korean BBQ and sounds of K-pop will waft through the streets of Griffintown this August when POCHA MTL makes its grand return. The Montreal Korean street food market and culture festival will bring local businesses and performers together at the neighbourhood's MR-63 lot at the corner of rues Peel and Ottawa.
Organizers promise Korean fried chicken, pancakes and kogos (corn dogs with fried potato bits). In addition to a selection of dishes from Montreal restaurants, the event will feature the Sanchae Bibimbap and Korean tacos from two chefs visiting from South Korea.
Montreal’s Korean street food and culture festival is coming back this summer! 🇰🇷🎶😍 #mtl #mtlblog #montreal #mtltiktok #kpop #koreanfood #koreanfoodfestival #514 #griffintown #kogo #koreancorndog #mtlfood #mtlfoodie #quebec #canada #bts #mtlkpop
Attendees might have to practice their eating/dancing multitasking skills: the festival will also feature some irresistible K-pop tunes — made catchier still by on-site dance troops and breakout sessions that the public is invited to join.
POCHA MTL will take place between Friday, August 19 and Sunday, August 21.
Additional details will come out on August 1, but get a summary of the info we have so far below.
POCHA MTL Korean Street Food & Culture Festival
Two people pose for a photo at a previous edition of POCHA MTL.Courtesy of POCHA MTL
Price: Free entry
Where: MR-63 site, Montreal QC (corner of rues Peel and Ottawa)
- Friday, August 19: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, August 20: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, August 21: 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Why You Have To Go: To sample some Korean street snacks from local vendors and dance to some K-pop.
- A Huge Montreal Asian Food Market Will Take Over Rue Ste ... ›
- Le Burger Week Festival Is Coming Back This September To Blow Patty-Lovers' Minds - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's Massive 'Dîner en Blanc' Is Coming Back At A Secret Location This August - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's Chinatown Has A New Urban Oasis With Street Food Stands & A Bar (PHOTOS) - MTL Blog ›
- Korean Kogo Spot Chungchun Opened A New Location In Côte-des-Neiges - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's Chinatown Is Hosting A Night Market With Food From $4 To $12 For 2 Weekends - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's Sud-Ouest Is Getting A Food & Craft Fest Spanning 3 Sites By The Lachine Canal - MTL Blog ›