11 Free Things To Do In Montreal This January In Case You Already Blew Your 2022 Budget
A list of activities that also don't break any rules!
Let's face it: the holidays can be damn expensive, and now that the new year has rolled around, most of us have already blown through the budget we planned for the next few months... or year.
But luckily, there are tons of things to do in Montreal this January that are all completely free. So you can leave your credit card at home!
Go skating at an outdoor rink
Where: Check out these free outdoor rinks
Why You Need To Go: There's no better way to spend a winter's day than by gliding away.
Check out the Barbie Expo
Where: Cours Mont-Royal, 1455, rue Peel, Montreal, QC
Why You Should Go: Barbies aren't just for kids. This exhibition lets you explore all kinds of unique haute-couture dolls.
Wander through Galerie Blanc
Where: 1114, rue Sainte-Catherine E., Montreal, QC
Why You Should Go: It's hard to hate the snow on the ground when you're surrounded by works of art.
When: Until February 27, 2022
Where: Quartier des Spectacles, Montreal, QC
Why You Should Go: For a 12th edition, the Quartier des Spectacles' "Luminothérapie" event is back with its magical and playful works.
Visit Parc Jean-Drapeau
Where: 1, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, QC
Why You Should Go: Parc Jean-Drapeau's winter program is filled with all kinds of free outdoor activities — from skating to snowshoeing — that'll make you forget you hate winter.
Take a tour of the world's first commercial rooftop greenhouse
Where: Lufa Farms, #201-1400, rue Antonio-Barbeau, Montreal, QC
Why You Should Go: You can some colour to a grey day by roaming through a greenhouse.
Check out murals around the city
Where: All across Montreal
Why You Should Go: Our city is filled with beautiful murals, why not go out and admire them?
Admire these ephemeral artworks
When: Until January 9, 2022
Address: 463, rue Sainte-Catherine O., Montreal, QC
Why you should go: Three similar interactive works, titled Les Diamants, will spend the holiday season on the front lawn of St. James United Church. You spin them around to enjoy a little light and sound show.
Take a nature walk
Where: All across the city and its surrounding areas
Why You Should Go: We could all use a little dose of fresh air right now, and Montreal is filled with great spots for a winter hike!
Grab your sled and glide down snow hills around the city
When: On a snow day, of course
Where: Check out these spots
Why You Should Go: To feel like a child again!
Test your knowledge at "The Quiz Master Brian Show"
When: Mondays at 9 p.m.
Why You Should Go: To finally put all those random fun facts you have floating around in your head to good use.
- Parc Jean-Drapeau Unveiled Its Winter Program & It's Getting A ... ›
- 12 Things To Do In Montreal This Weekend That'll Warm Your Soul ... ›
- 11 Free Things To Do In Montreal This December - MTL Blog ›
- 9 Things To Do In Montreal For The First Weekend Of 2022 / To Forget About 2021 - MTL Blog ›
- A Massive Sledding & Tubing Park Near Montreal With 80 m Drops Just Reopened For Winter - MTL Blog ›
- 9 Things To Do In Montreal Right Now That Don't Break Any Rules - MTL Blog ›
- This Montreal Restaurant Will Give You Free Coffee If You Get Off Your Ass & Go For A Walk - MTL Blog ›
- 9 Things To Do Around Montreal This Weekend To Cheer Up & Feel Better About The World - MTL Blog ›
- 9 Things To Do Around Montreal This Weekend That'll Force You To Leave Your Apartment - MTL Blog ›
- 9 Things To Do In Montreal This Weekend To Shake Off The January Blues - MTL Blog ›