Montreal's Lachine Canal Is Hosting Free Outdoor Film Noir Movie Screenings This Summer
Film noir au canal is back! Since 2015, the event has celebrated hard-boiled police dramas with free outdoor movie screenings on the banks of Montreal's Lachine Canal.
The pandemic forced its cancellation in 2020 and 2021, but organizers confirmed with MTL Blog that it will return between July 17 and August 21, 2022. More details, including the program, are forthcoming.
Film noir au canal has historically taken place at the Square Saint-Patrick park on the south side of the canal adjacent to rue Wellington in Pointe-Saint-Charles.
The former industrial corridor has been an ideal spooky setting for film noir screenings. As festival organizers put it: "in the middle of silos and industrial buildings, our crime film festival can hardly dream of a better atmosphere."
The movie list usually consists of "classic and contemporary film noir masterpieces," according to the festival website.
- 7 Things To Do In & Around Montreal When Those Spring Showers Are In Full Force - MTL Blog ›
- What To Expect At The Lachine Canal Free Film Noir Movie Screenings This Summer - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's Lachine Canal Will Finally Allow Paddleboarding This Summer — Here Are The Rules - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's Lachine Canal Is Getting A Massive, 3,000-Person Pop-Up Terrasse This Summer - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's Comic Book Festival Will Take Over St-Denis With Art Battles & Free Workshops - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's Lachine Canal Is Hosting A 3,000-Person Terrasse & Music Festival This Week - MTL Blog ›
- A Montreal Outdoor Movie Theatre Next To A Dairy Queen Is Showing 'Encanto' In August - MTL Blog ›
- You Can Watch 'Dune' & 3 Other Movies For Free At Outdoor Screenings In Downtown Montreal - MTL Blog ›