2 Montreal Restaurants Got Named Among The Best In The World
Quebec City, Toronto, and Vancouver restos also made the list!
Montreal restaurants are out here snagging awards left and right now!
The city is known to be a culinary hot spot across the world, and there really is no denying how astounding our food scene is. After including two Montreal restaurants in its list of Travel Guide Star Awards winners, Forbes would agree.
The media released the winners of its 2022 Star Awards on April 26, recognizing the "most outstanding hotels, restaurants and spas" across the globe that travellers just have to visit.
A total of 253 restaurants made up the best of the best when it comes to international food and Montreal seized two of those spots.
Forbes pretty much sends secret agents... okay, not agents, but inspectors, to luxury hotels, restaurants and spas across the world in order to compile the award-winning list.
"Our global team of inspectors are anonymous at all times, so they have the same experience as a typical guest," Forbes stated.
So, which two acclaimed Montreal restaurants actually made the list?
Award Ranking: 4 Star
Address: Ritz-Carlton, 1228, rue Sherbrooke O., Montreal, QC
Why You Should Go: Executive Chef Romain Cagnat* is behind this restaurant in the Ritz-Carlton hotel. The delish spot is known for creating a perfect balance of luxury and comfort with a menu that can only be described as bold, creative, and whimsical.
Award Ranking: 4 Star
Address: 900, Pl. Jean-Paul-Riopelle, Montréal, QC
Why You Should Go: Toque! mixes luxurious and contemporary together to create a menu of which you will definitely want to get a taste. The renowned spot is known for its garnished plats that are so stunning you'll feel bad ruining the presentation. Norman Laprise certainly knows his way around the kitchen, putting a dash of his culinary magic in every dish he crafts.
*Editor's note: An earlier version of this story listed the previous executive chef at Maison Boulud. We've updated this article with the correct information.
- 9 Restauarants In Montreal For A Taste Of The Middle East - MTL Blog ›
- 15 Montreal Restaurants Were Ranked Among 'Canada's Top 100 ... ›
- 9 Montreal Restaurants That Should Be On Every Visitor's List In 2022 ›
- 21 Montreal Restaurants Were Ranked Among The 100 Best In Canada For 2022 - MTL Blog ›
- These 9 Montreal Restaurants Are Very 'Instagrammable' - MTL Blog ›
- These 9 Montreal Restaurants Are Very 'Instagrammable' ›
- 9 Montreal Restaurants & Cafés So Gorg They'll Make Your Instagram Followers Jealous - MTL Blog ›
- 7 Montreal Restaurants That Will Have You Feeling Like You're Trotting The Globe - MTL Blog ›
- These 5 Montreal Hotels Were Named Among The Best In Canada - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's 2022 Restaurant Week Will Feature $35+ 3-Course Meals At Heaps Of Eateries - MTL Blog ›
- The Guy Who Ate 50 Poutines In A Week Is Opening A Restaurant With 'Huge' Portions For $10 - MTL Blog ›
- A Ranking Of The Top Winter Vacation Destinations Dropped — One Quebec Spot Made The List - MTL Blog ›