A Montreal Woman Has Won A $70,000,000 Lotto Max Jackpot & It Was Her First Ticket Ever
A first-time lottery player is now a multi-millionaire. Montreal resident Shu Ping Li has claimed a $70,000,000 Lotto Max jackpot in the October 9 draw, according to a statement posted to the Loto-Québec website.
The corporation explains that Li purchased her first ticket ever "after seeing that" another "major lottery prize had been won in Québec."
Editor's Choice: Quebec Is Looking Into Letting You See Your BFF Even If You Don't Live Alone
Lotto Max Jackpot
She bought the winning ticket at the Dépanneur Mu (12101, avenue du Bois-de-Boulogne) and found out she won the day after the draw.
Loto-Québec says she still hasn't decided what to do with her fortune.
"This is the biggest prize that Lotto Max players can win, but also the biggest prize of any lottery game offered by Loto-Québec and in Canada," Loto-Québec President and CEO Lynne Roiter said in the statement.
"We’re proud to present a Québec winner, for the second time in our history, with a prize of this magnitude."
Roiter explained that "a family of eight from the Capitale-Nationale and Chaudière-Appalache regions won the same record jackpot amount" in February.
- The Lotto Max Jackpot Is The Highest It Can Be & You Could Become A Multimillionaire - MTL Blog ›
- 3 People In Quebec Are Millionaire Lottery Winners & They Don't Even Know It - MTL Blog ›
- Loto-Québec Is Looking For 2 Winners Who Don't Know They're Multimillionaires Yet - MTL Blog ›
- This Week's Lotto Max Jackpot Is $66 Million — Maybe You'll Finally Be Able To Afford Gas - MTL Blog ›
- The Lotto Max Jackpot Is Coming Up & You Could Win Up To $60 Million - MTL Blog ›
- The Winning Lotto Max Ticket Was Sold In Quebec — The Holder Gets The $70 Million Jackpot - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec's $70,000,000 Lotto Max Jackpot Winner Has Humble Plans For His Fortune - MTL Blog ›
- A Quebec Lotto Max Winner Found Out He Became A Millionaire After Misreading His Prize - MTL Blog ›
- A Montrealer Won $1 Million In The Lottery & Immediately Made Plans To Move Elsewhere - MTL Blog ›