Concordia landed in the top 20.
Maclean's surveyed faculty, senior administrators and business leaders across Canada regarding their views on quality and innovation at Canadian unis to determine the list.
How did Quebec universities rank?
McGill landed in the fourth spot, with the Université de Montréal (UdeM) also making the top 10, at number eight.
In addition to those two, other Quebec university rankings of note are Université Laval (16), Concordia University (18), Université de Sherbrooke (20), Université du Québec à Montréal (26) and Bishop's University (42).
So, which universities managed to score in the top three?
Well, based on perceived quality and innovativeness, the top three universities in Canada by reputation were, in order: the University of Toronto (UofT), Waterloo University and the University of British Columbia (UBC).
What about Maclean's other lists?
The ranking also took into consideration a "leaders of tomorrow" category where McGill scored third place with UofT and UBC leading the pack. As for innovation, McGill landed fifth and, fortunately, redeemed itself by snagging the number one spot when it came to the highest quality.
Did the results match former rankings?
McGill's position remains unchanged from that of last year's, as does its status as the best medical doctoral university in Canada, a position the university has held for 18 consecutive years.
McGill also topped Maclean's list of best Canadian universities by scholarships and bursaries (13th consecutive year), student awards (sixth consecutive year) and library acquisitions (eighth consecutive year).
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Concordia University Is Now Offering A Course On Kendrick Lamar ... ›
- Montreal's Concordia University Is Offering A First-Of-Its-Kind ... ›
- Montreal's McGill University Beat UofT In A Ranking Of The Top ... ›
- Canadian Universities Were Ranked By Reputation & Here’s How 49 Schools Measure Up - MTL Blog ›
- A Major Global University Ranking Was Just Released & McGill Is Slipping - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal Didn't Make It Onto A Ranking Of Canada's Top 10 Party Cities — But Ottawa Did??? - MTL Blog ›
- A Ranking Of The Best Countries To Travel To Just Dropped — Canada Didn’t Do So Hot - MTL Blog ›
- These Are The Best Countries To Visit Right Now According To Conde Nast Traveler - MTL Blog ›
- These Universities Came Last In A Canadian Ranking & One Of Them Is In Quebec - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal Was Ranked 8th Most Desirable City In The World — Here’s Who We Beat Out - MTL Blog ›
- A Ranking Of The Most Desirable Countries In The World Is Out — Here’s How Canada Placed - MTL Blog ›
- Canada Was Ranked The 2nd Most Desirable Country In The World - MTL Blog ›
- 2 Canadian Islands Were Named The Best In The World — Montreal & Laval Didn’t Make The Cut - MTL Blog ›
- A New Best Cities In The World Ranking Is Out & Montreal's Position Plummeted - MTL Blog ›