A TikToker Went Viral With A Painfully Accurate Depiction Of Health Care In Canada vs. America
You gotta laugh to keep from crying!
Although the current state of Canadian health care is certainly no laughing matter, sometimes you gotta get in a good laugh to keep yourself from crying, y'know? And if there's one video that'll get the trick done, it's comedian Joseph DeBenedictis' painfully accurate TikTok clip of Canada's health care system versus that of the United States.
Which ones better? 🤷🏻♂️🇺🇸🇨🇦 #usa #canada #healthcare #usavscanada #canadian #american #doctors #health #americanreacts #canadianreacts #canadianhealthcare #americanvscanadian
The video has gone on to garner over 560,000 views and nearly 11,000 likes on TikTok and as many as 1.5 million views on Instagram.
Joseph begins by taking a dig at Canada's health care system. After walking into the doctor's room, DeBenedictis props himself up on the exam table and waits, and waits, and well…waits. At this point, he's not only had enough time to inspect and play with all the medical gadgets and gizmos, but Joseph even got a nap in before finally being seen by the doctor.
Those exam tables with the long crunchy tissue paper can be pretty comfortable sometimes!
As for the American version, Joseph sits on the exam table and before he's got enough time to get the slightest bit comfortable, the doctor walks on in. The only catch? The four credit cards you gotta dish out afterward to cover the cost of your medical bill.
And that right there is the painful part. Would you rather wait (and wait and wait) but leave without having to pay a cent in Canada? Or get seen quick and dig yourself into debt moments later in the United States?
One commenter under Joseph's video would much rather go the Canadian route. "Having experienced both. I have to say nothing compares to never seeing a medical bill," they wrote.
"I have lived in both countries. Neither system is perfect, but in Canada, you are an equal whereas, in the States, money decides if you get treated," another viewer commented.
Meanwhile, others wasted no time coming for Canada's system. "In Canada by the time they see you, your pain is already gone," they wrote.
- A Tiktoker Shared Her Genius Starbucks Hack & It Could Make Your Next 'Latte' Free ›
- A TikToker Went Viral For Explaining The Biggest Difference Between Quebec & Ontario Schools ›
- A Canadian Radio Host Says She's The Voice Behind TikTok's Text-To-Speech & Proves It ›
- No, This Isn't Keanu Reeves — Meet His TikTok Clone Bamboozling The Internet ›
- A TikTok Comedian Went Viral For Roasting The Quebec Accent & He Didn't Hold Back (VIDEO) ›
- Everyone In Canada Is Getting Sick RN — Here's How To Know What You Have - MTL Blog ›
- A TikToker Went Viral After Hilariously Explaining 'How To Speak Canadian' (VIDEO) - MTL Blog ›
- A Montreal Florist Went Viral On TikTok After Sharing Cringey Notes From Customers (VIDEO) - MTL Blog ›
- A Tiktoker Has Gone Viral After Sharing His Terry's Chocolate Orange 'Hack' - MTL Blog ›
- A TikToker Asked Americans To Name 3 Canadian Cities & Their Responses Are Concerning (VIDEO) - MTL Blog ›
- A French Comedian Hilariously Described How Different Boarding A Bus Is In Montreal vs. Paris - MTL Blog ›
- A Montreal Boy Was Surprised With Habs Tickets & His Reaction Is So Heartwarming (VIDEO) - MTL Blog ›